Friday, January 07, 2011

Happy New Year, y'all!


Hey, my peoples! Happy New Year to you all. I've finally shrugged off the cobwebs of a warm and fuzzy Christmas and and am ready to face 2011. And how the year has started...

Two murders; a sick Cabinet member; the front bench Gods shining on Kellman at last and giving him a pick; Mara Thompson taking up the mantle of her late husband David in St. John - and it's only January 7!

As for the by-election in St. John, I wish Mrs. Thompson the best of luck. She's the last person I figured would end up in the political foray, but life is funny that way. Anyway, the seat is hers to lose, as it's been a DLP stronghold for the past 50 odd years.

I see that Opposition Leader Owen Arthur has declared that there will be no special treatment for Mara Thompson. He will be well advised to focus his attacks on the DLP and not on the still grieving widow Mara, because he might end up turning off the entire populace....

No comments: