Sunday, July 26, 2009

Something's happening....


At last. It's taken a while but I've finally gotten into the Crop Over spirit. I've been enjoying the Party Monarch and Sweet Soca competitions live from Farley Hill for the past few hours and talk 'bout sweet music!

Mikey's "I in Dat", Statement's "All Night Till Morning", TC's "Hot Sun and Riddim" and Natahlee's "Dis is What We Do" were especially hot this season.

I'm relieved that the cream has finally risen to the top and the season hasn't been bogged down by the mediocre tunes that assailed the airwaves earlier on.

As I type, results just came in for the Sweet Soca competition....

5. Blood
4. Mr. Dale
3. Mikey
2. Natahlee
1. TC

Congrats to TC on being the inaugural Soca Monarch. I predict that her song will be massive in Trinidad and will have some longevity. I'm surprised that Blood placed so low, because he commanded the stage during his performance.

Big ups to fellow QC alums Mr. Dale, Mikey and Natahlee. Fiat Lux, peoples!

I'll be back with the Party Monarch results in a bit...

Image: www.africasounds.com

No comments: