Thursday, February 26, 2009

A little more love: Guess Who

Well, there're only two more days before the month of love ends - even though we should show love every day - so I've decided to post up a very easy guess who:



Who's the engaged couple looking all lovey-dovey during a trip to Africa?

Easy, right? None other than Mr. President himself, Barack Obama and his First Lady Michelle O. They too sweet.



Incidentally, last night the Obamas held a concert in the East Room of the White House and a party to celebrate Stevie Wonder being awarded the Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song.





I love me some Stevie Wonder. From Superstition to Ribbon in the Sky, Stevie's body of work is a monument to the man's talent. Congrats, Stevie!



Images: www.theybf.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have embedded here 26 of Stevie Wonder’s greatest hits. I concur with the words of the President and his First Lady and agree with your opinion too Bajegirl, Stevie's music did Wonders for all

I Just Called To Say I Love You

I Wish, My Cherie Amour, For Once In My Life would be
Just That Girl, Overjoyed, Living For The City
Uptight, Everything’s Alright, Don’t You Worry ‘bout A Thing
Superstition controls her but girl You Haven’t Done Nothin’
Then Boogie On Reggae Woman and If You Really Love Me
Consider me Signed, Sealed , Delivered I’m Yours implicitly
A Place In The Sun here and a rainbow like A Ribbon In The Sky
Lady, You Are The Sunshine Of My Life, the apple of my eye
Love Light In Flight, Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
Embraces before royalty observing what Sir Duke would say
Do I Do he said and Go Home to Higher Ground
This is no place, Heaven Help Us All, for lovers to hang around
Only a Part Time Lover would spend such hours here
Send One Your Love instead and true lovers beware
All the above lines play on the beautiful songs by Stevie
You should find 26 of them contorted ambiguously
I was thinking of Love found, Love lost and Love simmering inside
Love displayed for the world to see and the Love people hide
Obama said there’s a party going right here, come celebrate
Vibes of loves songs from Stevie Wonder would resonate
East Room of the White House congratulated Stevie
Your music, Stevie made it possible for my spouse to accept me
Over the years and all over the world his music thrilled citizens
United me with the First Lady and now, my fellow Americans



An Acrostic Poem from The Bajan Poetry Society

Bajegirl said...

Well done, Khaidji! You have all my faves in there.