Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rihanna tats up...again

It's been a while since I've posted anything about Rihanna and since I stumbled across this one I thought I'd share.

According to People Magazine Rihanna is sporting a new tribal tattoo on her wrist, which she apparently had done while on tour recently in New Zealand. The exotic Maori-inspired tat is of a geometric design.



She's a brave girl, 'cause I hear wrist tattoos hurt like hell.

Anyhoo, this whole tribal tattoo thing got me thinking...we have Maori tats, kanji, Celtic, African and others. Where are the Caribbean tribal tats? Or is this another sign that we're a displaced imported people without ties to any tribal roots? Sigh, I guess that's a rhetorical question.

If we were to design a Caribbean tribal tattoo, what would it look like? Let me know what you think. If we come up with something, maybe we could get Rihanna to showcase it to the world, since she doesn't seem to be afraid of needles atall....

No comments: